Saturday, April 12, 2008

Warmest Day of the Year

Today was the warmest day of the year with a high of 75 degrees! We started out the day by heading to the local tulip festival. It was gorgeous!! As we were waiting in the long line to park our car, Josh learned the valuable lesson of how to pee in cup in the van while traveling. He was quite reluctant at first, but when he realized his only options were peeing in a cup, wearing a diaper, or having an accident, he finally decided to try out the cup! It was a good thing he did...I don't think he would have made it to the restroom. Anyway, we enjoyed the festival and let the kids go on one ride...the cow train. They also enjoyed the pipe slide. We rushed back home only to head to the park for a BBQ with our friends. The kids had tons of fun playing in the sunshine, and it's a good thing we took advantage of the nice weather for next week the forecast says rain everyday. That's Oregon for ya!

The cow train
The pipe slide

6 comments:

Pam said...

Some of my favorite pictures are the pictures of your tulip festival every year. Every year the kids are bigger and some times increase in number as next year!!
Looks like a beautiful day. Reserve one for when I'm there, would you?

Danielle said...

looks like fun! we're sad we missed the group bbq...lame plans already...lol.

Carrie said...

Don't know if you knew this, but I grew up in Seattle. The tulip festival there is something I miss TONS. Its just so beautiful! Loved your pictures. Reminded me of home!

Lacey said...

Okay, you've made me completely homesick for Oregon!! I miss it so much! I loved the tulip festival when we went and all the other fun things to do around Portland throughout the year. We keep talking about going up there this summer for a trip and now I really want to do it! Especially so that we can meet that cute new baby of yours after he's here! BTW, I can't even tell you're pregnant in that picture of you at the festival?!!!
In case you are wondering from my zoo posting on my blog, this past weekend we went to the zoo with the Cory and Sarah and it was so hilarious having Sarah in a wheelchair. She was having lower pains and it was making it hard for her to stand or walk so Cory got her a wheelchair. Pretty funny! She is doing fine though.

Meggan said...

How gorgeous! We love tulips. I planted some last fall in our beds and they are just starting to grow. Good luck with baby #3! Not too much longer to go!

Dunbabin said...

The tulips are gorgeous. I planted my own this year in our backyard. It's so nice to have spring growth. It makes me excited for everything else to turn green and grow.