This past Friday and Saturday was our ward fathers and sons camp out.
The boys were soooooo excited they could hardly contain themselves.
No matter how many times I told them I was going to be lonely and cry while they were gone, they didn't care.
"You have Luke to keep you company," they told me.
Because Darrin was in charge of the camp out, I got to take the boys out there after Darrin was done doing "in charge" kinds of things.
I felt like a spy.
I felt like I was somewhere where moms were forbidden to go.
It was cute seeing all the excited dads and the even more excited sons.
It was at that moment, I felt sad for those dads who never have sons.
I also felt sad for me, who has no daughters.
I need just one, right?
I'll work on that.
Anyway, the boys made dinner and smores on the fire, slept "peacefully" in the tent, woke up to a fabulous breakfast, paddle boating and Frisbee golf.
They got home about 3pm on Saturday...
As for me, I hung out with friends, ate good food, and watched movies.
Saturday I shopped and enjoyed the peace and quiet around the house.
If I keep having boys, I'll have one night a year all to myself, right?
Maybe boys aren't all that bad!





5 comments:
What a great dad to take little boys!
What a great wife to support her husband in his responsibilities!
What great memories!
P.S. Looks like the boys got their summer haircuts. ;-) See you in four days!
I agree about the plus-side of boys. now, if only I could convince matt he wants to take our boys next year. this year was a no go. I've got a year to wear him down for the next one...right? :)
So much fun. Yes, you do need a girl!! And yes, Rob would like a boy. He's working on me to have another one...but I'm just not feeling it! But you are right, every mom needs a daughter....I hope you get one soon! If only we could pick and choose, right?
I always remember I was so excited for Fathers and Sons outings because my mom would take us girls with another family and we'd go out to east and movies and do fun stuff with out the "boys"! It was always so much fun.
When are you coming to Tooele again? I wanna see you guys.
That was a cute post. Darrin must've done a great job because I have only heard great things about the campout. Oh, yeah, except from Evan who told me about the GIRL who was there! He was pretty mad about that. Come to find out, it was you. HAAAA!!! :-) I would've loved to be a fly on the wall just for a minute like you. Fun!
cute cute cute.
Post a Comment