Wednesday the 20th the kids and I got on a plane and flew to Oklahoma for spring break. The boys did great on the plane. Ella cried quite a bit; I could tell her ears were hurting. We managed and made it there in one piece.
On Thursday Grandpa took the boys swimming and to play basketball and soccer in the rec. center gym. They had a blast and begged to go back every day.
Grandpa took lots of time off work while we were there which the boys loved. They spent lots of time together playing and reading books.
The kids liked listening to Grandpa practice the saxophone. I was going to play my old clarinet while I was there, but totally forgot! I’ll have to remember next time.
Friday evening we went bowling (no pics) and had a pizza party with our cousins.
The weather wasn’t that great while we were there, but Aunt Natalie was nice enough to take the boys exploring in the creek anyway.
It was fun to get to know our cousins better while we were there. Buddy loved playing with the boys. And McKayla LOVED baby Ella.
Ella loved to play Grandma’s piano. If she was sad, it would make her happy!
All the kids, especially Andrew, love Grandma and Grandpa’s dog, Colby. They tell people in Oregon that they have a dog, but that he lives at their Grandma’s house--which is exactly what I want them to think. lol.
And it snowed while we were there. I was hoping to bask in warm temperatures and sunshine. But it was not to be.
Saturday night we got together with my good friend and her family and ate pizza. My kids had fun playing with their kids, and Jess and I had fun chatting for a couple hours.
Sunday the kids made up a FHE program with Grandpa with singing and acting. The kids loved putting it together!
Tuesday we went to the Tulsa Zoo. Oklahoma had their spring break the week before we were there, so NO ONE was at the zoo that day. The was great!
There was a chimp named Morris. We got a kick out of that.
Wednesday we colored Easter eggs and had a Easter egg hunt.
Wednesday night we had one last hurrah at the park and then went to Braums for ice cream.
We had a WONDERFUL trip and are so grateful for everyone that helped us and took care of us.
This is Ella and I on the airplane. I was trying to entertain her anyway I could think of. lol.
I got lots of comments from other people how brave I was to fly so far with 4 kids by myself. I usually replied, “I’m not sure it’s brave, but more like crazy.” The plane ride home was super long as we flew from Tulsa to Dallas and then to Kansas City and then to Portland. I was so tired of flying by then. We were soooo glad to see our daddy! The first thing he did was get Ella out of the stroller to hold her. She took one look at him and just started crying. I think Darrin was crushed. They’ve bonded since then and are friends again, so no worries!
2 comments:
You are brave to fly with four! You have such great kids though. It looked like a great trip. You guys are always having such fun.
i remember flying with four by myself (layover that was far too short and almost missed our flight and Dylan throwing up). Not easy!!! so i give you props! Can I say that you look so good!
Post a Comment