My birthday fell on a Sunday this year. It was Stake Conference to be exact. Which turned out to be great because Darrin was home a lot more than normal.
I love how Ella tries to fit in with her brothers. After dinner they played this game with a ball on the kitchen floor. She was right there with them.
Josh wrote me this birthday card. Love getting notes from my kids.
Birthday selfies.
I was kinda feeling untraditional and didn’t want cake, so Darrin made a yummy Oreo dessert instead.
Happy birthday to me. Thanks everyone for the cards, fb messages, texts, phone calls, and presents. It was a great day.
11/25—Ella loves it when her daddy throws her up in the air!
She curled up to watch her “show” (aka Baby Einstein).
And her doggie watched her color. She loves doggies.
Thanksgiving turkey thawing in the fridge: check.
11/26--Ella has a number of binkies and one went missing for a couple weeks. We found it in the fridge in one of the bottom compartments. That girl cracks me up sometimes.
Listening to “Roar” on Josh’s MP3 player. Makes the baby happy!
11/27—I decided the turkey wasn’t thawing as fast as I needed it to, so it got a cold water bath for several hours.
Got out my nice china for thanksgiving dinner. Every time I get it out, I fall in love with it all over again. So pretty.
In the past I’ve always kept my china in the original china boxes in the depths of my kitchen cabinets.
I decided to make room for it and make it much more accessible. I’m big time now. Maybe sometime soon we’ll start eating on it for Sunday dinner.
11/28—Looking cute for Thanksgiving dinner. Love my girl.
The table all set.
And super yummy food.
This year we had Darrin’s brother, Mike, and his family over. We all had a great time together. Last time we had thanksgiving at our house, it was kind of a disaster. I’m glad to report that everything turned out fabulous this year! Whew. I feel redeemed.
The WiiU was a hit with everyone after dinner. Nintendo Land was the game of choice.
We also played some board games: Niagara and Hoity Toity being a couple of them.
The rest of our thanksgiving weekend consisted of shopping, playing with cousins, relaxing, and watching the BYU vs. Utah State basketball game. As you can see, Utah State lost. Go Cougs.
12/1—With the start of the new month, I’m loosely trying to do something fun and holiday related every day. On this day we made handprints for Grandma Morris’ project. I couldn’t not love Ella’s little handprint.
12/2—We made hot chocolate and watched Christmas Mormon Messages.
12/3—Ella took her first steps between Darrin and I!!! We were all so excited. Each of her brothers had a camera and were taking pics and video. They looked like the paparazzi. Yay Ella for starting to walk!! finally.
12/4—Ethan came over today. The boys played board games. It was funny to listen to them play a game that neither of them really knew how to play.
For fun that night, we had bubble baths. Ella loves bubbles, so I was thinking she would totally love it. Boy was I wrong. She hated it. She cried and screamed and kept trying to shake the bubbles off. So I had to get her out and give her a bath in the other bathroom. At least Luke enjoyed them!
12/5—Got the oil changed. Luke loves going to the dealership cause they have yummy hot chocolate. Perfect for a super cold day!
Had Christmas tree Peeps for fun.
12/6—The weather today was super awful. Cold and windy and feels like 12 degrees. I want my rain back.
Ward Christmas party!
12/7—Decorated for Christmas! Ella was in awe and calls anything with lights “pretty.”
For dinner we went to Red Robin. Yum.
Then we went to the store to have the kids buy presents for each other. We also bought our gifts for the giving tree and a needy family that Darrin’s work is buying Christmas for.
12/8—I usually don’t allow bubbles in the house, but when the tired baby is crying at my feet while I try to make dinner--I make an exception.
We made chocolate Christmas tree suckers for dessert. For some reason this chocolate reminds me of my childhood.
12/9—To help the snow come to town we made snowflakes. It worked! It did snow, but not enough to get out of school.
Finally got Ella’s one year old pics developed. I’m going to frame all of these pics of my one year olds and hang them in the upstairs hallway. Love these babies.
12/10—Love a man who folds laundry.
There Natalie. I did it. You can send me a picture of your cute pregnant self now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment