Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trip to Utah June 29-July 6

We got to Salt Lake just in time to attend the pre-wedding dinner.  Boy were we glad to get there! 

DSC_1182 (2)IMG_6699DSC_1199 (2)IMG_6698DSC_1202 (2)

The little boys found an ant hill they enjoyed playing with!

IMG_6696

Ella slept through the party!

DSC_1251 (2)DSC_1273 (2)

The next day (June 30) we got up and drove back to Utah Valley to attend the wedding and reception.

DSC_1361 (2)DSC_1365 (2)

It was sooo hot at 2pm taking pictures after the wedding.  We used the umbrella to shield Ella from the sun.

IMG_6708

Grandma Morris had this dress made for Ella for the wedding.  The sleeves were as big as her head :) 

IMG_6714

The boys had fun running around the reception hall that night!

IMG_6721IMG_6724IMG_6728

DSC_1515 (2)4DSC_1526 (2)DSC_1542 (2)

I was 6 days postpartum…don’t judge how I look :)

DSC_1552 (2)DSC_1556 (2)

Overall it was a great day!!  I was glad we went, although at times I thought we were crazy! 

Congratulations to Natalie and Cory :)

The rest of the trip was spent relaxing, recovering, and celebrating the 4th.

IMG_0745

IMG_6740

IMG_6742IMG_6744IMG_6746IMG_6753IMG_6759IMG_6762

Darrin spent lots of time making sure the sprinklers at his parents house were working.  The kids took full advantage!IMG_6770IMG_6771

On the 4th we did the normal parade, picnic and fireworks in Grantsville.  Ella and I stayed home for everything but the picnic.  The kids love their cousins, and it was great to see most of them. 

IMG_6791

We left on the 5th to come home.  We spent the night in Boise again.  Ella was not quite the good traveler on the way back that she had been on the way there…she cried quite a bit, but we survived.  One event to note:  I got pretty good at changing her diaper on my lap in the car when we stopped to nurse.  I only regretted it one time….

this is looking down at my lap.  And this was after I cleaned it up a bit.

IMG_0753

And all she could do is yawn and be her cute self!

IMG_0754

We were so glad we made it home! 

So so glad!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

What a fun trip! And you do look great for only 6 days postpartum! I actually thought about you guys at the parade and wondered if you were around somewhere! If I had known I would have made bring me over to love on that cute little baby! She is so adorable!

Michal Thompson said...

don't worry, no judging going on at all, you should get an award. I can't even walk by then.