Tuesday, November 17, 2015

birthday party, dance, and a corn maze

10/1—Ella’s preschool group went on a field trip to the wetlands.  Lisa printed off a scavenger hunt for them to do.  They had a blast looking for birds, bugs, rocks and leaves. 

IMG_1132

Then we went inside the museum and looked around.  The puppet show area was a favorite!

IMG_1135

The weather was still lovely.  The kids enjoyed a nice game of flag football after school. 

IMG_1137

10/2—Josh was awarded the character trait award for the month.  I believe it was for responsibility.  Nice work Josh!

IMG_1146-2

After school we had Andrew’s birthday party.  We rented an indoor school field where he was able to invite as many friends as he wanted to play soccer and other field games.  We invited most of the ward, soccer team and school class.  It was a lot of fun and such an easy party to run!

IMG_1148-2

DSC_2782 DSC_2784After the game we spent an hour in the party room eating snacks, having cake and opening presents.  Most of the kids were super sweaty and starving!

DSC_2807  DSC_2813 DSC_2822 DSC_2829

10/7—Parents can only stay and watch dance class on certain days of the month.  And finally it was a “watch day!”  I took the camera and went crazy!  It was just about the cutest thing I’d ever seen. 

DSC_2835 DSC_2836 DSC_2853

10/9—Instead of going to a pumpkin patch this year, we did a corn maze instead.  The weather has just been so unseasonably warm so we thought we’d take advantage!

IMG_1200-2

We had a lot of fun together!  In the maze there are 5 checkpoints and if you stamp your card at each station, you get a prize when you’re done!

IMG_1205-2

   IMG_1220-2 IMG_1223-2IMG_1211-2IMG_1208-2

Unfortunately after two hours, we still couldn’t find one of the check points.  It was starting to get dark and cold and the kids were getting freaked out that the chain saw guys would come out, so we left and went to McDonalds for dinner.

IMG_1215-2

1 comment:

Danielle said...

what a fun birthday idea! I need to remember this for next year. and your last paragraph had me cracking up-mcdonalds is always a great solution when facing chainsaw guys! ;)

also, I wish I had done nothing all summer. catching up is so.much.work.