8/3—I was in 2 day long fit bit challenges! So in order to get more steps I took the kids hiking. We had fun and even saw a snake!
It must have worked because I won both of them!
8/4—The kids and I went with Laurie and her kids to pick peaches. In all these years in Oregon, this was my first time to pick peaches. I normally don’t like peaches, but fresh picked ones are actually good unlike the ones from the store!
Then we came home and made two batches of peach jam. YUM!! I like it way better than strawberry jam.
8/5—Last week the kids started 4 weeks of swimming lessons. Ella HATED it at first and cried a ton. But day after day, she got more comfortable. By this second week, she LOVED it! Andrew and Luke were in semi-private lessons together. Ella was in Catfish 1 and Josh was in Manatee.
8/6—Darrin got tickets through work to go see Wicked. This was our first time seeing it (pretty sure we were the last people on the planet to see it. lol). Despite our seats being terrible (in the 2nd balcony), it was pretty entertaining to watch.
8/7—Yummy bowl of tomatoes from the garden!
Last day of swimming lessons for the first session. Everyone passed!
8/8—Darrin and the boys rode their bikes to the big park by our house. Ella and I drove and met them there. We played tennis until it was dark!
8/12—This summer we taught the boys to play Bonanza or the bean game. It’s definitely become a family favorite!
8/13—More swimming lessons! Andrew and Luke were in semi private again, Ella was in Catfish 2, and Josh was in Neon-the very last class in the whole program.
Later that afternoon we met our cousins at the swimming pool for open swim!
The big kids spent a really long time doing different dives and jumps off the diving board.
8/15—We went downtown to this fancy Brazilian restaurant with several other couples in our ward who served missions or who are from Brazil. We had fun enjoying great company and yummy food! Afterwards we played games until late.
8/16—Kids enjoying Legos on a Sunday afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment