Well, life has been quite normal for us the past week. Most of our attention has been on the backyard. Darrin smoothed out all the dirt and planned our sprinkler system. Hopefully that will get done in the next week or two, and then we can move on to the next step. We are anxious to have it done! Darrin is working hard and is continually sore and tired from yard work. He's doing a great job though!
Josh's imagination is really starting to develop. Today while I was making dinner he came over to me with his hand flattened out with his palm facing up and said "See my bird. His mommy is up there flying round and round with the (ceiling) fan." I asked him what color the birds were, and he said they were blue. I'm not really sure where the "imaginary" bird came from, but I thought it was cute. And this is the first time he's had some kind of an imaginary friend. Josh has a sudden love for the library. We've been going once a week for the past couple weeks, and he's so excited to get home and read all his books. I've learned to only get a few books at a time, because every time we read them he makes us read ALL of them. Mom and dad get tired of reading 10 books 4 times a days.
Andrew has been filled with personality lately. I don't remember any other 1 and 1/2 year olds being this opinionated about things. If he doesn't like what your doing or saying he'll wave his finger back and back forth and shake his head all while making a disapproving sound. It's quite funny! He's starting to learn all his animal sounds and body parts...you know eyes, nose, etc... On Sunday he went to nursery for the 2nd time and still loves it! He marches right in there and doesn't look back. Darrin and I just don't know what to do with ourselves now...we might actually have to pay attention in Sunday school=).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment