Happy April Fool's Day
From: My body
Have you ever heard of a blighted ovum?
Well, let babycenter.com educate you if you haven't heard of it:
"A blighted ovum is a common type of miscarriage. It happens when a fertilized egg implants in the uterus but the resulting embryo either stops developing very early or doesn't form at all. Nowadays, the term "blighted ovum" is considered out of date. Instead, most medical professionals use the term "early pregnancy failure" to describe this situation.With an early pregnancy failure, you'll get a positive result on a pregnancy test, because the placenta begins to develop anyway and starts to secrete human chorionic gonadtrophin (hCG), the hormone that these tests look for. Early on, you may also have some of the symptoms common in a normal pregnancy, such as fatigue, nausea, and sore breasts. Later, when the hormone levels begin to go down, these symptoms will subside and you're likely to have spotting or bleeding. In the case of early pregnancy failure, the ultrasound will show an empty gestational sac."
Now that you know what one is, let me inform you...I found out yesterday, this is what my body is going through. I had an ultrasound, and it showed an empty sac.
This has actually been a harder thing to go through than I thought it would be. But we're hanging in there.
Anyway, spread the word...Hancock's are not expecting their fourth quite yet...it will happen, but I guess right now is not the right time.
Unfortunately my body is getting the last laugh this April fool's day. I can just hear it now...Haha, you thought you were pregnant...I tricked you!
Bad timing I know.
XOXOXOXOXO
10 comments:
I love you Kim!
Lots of love from my side of the street as well - and I'm here if you need anything at all.
I'm so sorry! We'll be praying for you. Lots of love from Texas too.
Oh, so sorry Kim! I'll keep you in my heart and prayers.
That was a mean joke. I'm so sorry and please let me know if there is anything that you need. Hang in there.
Oh Kim!! I'm so sorry to hear this. What a horrible day to find out too!! Hang in there!! Hold your boys close!! Love you!
We love you!
I am sorry. I had a misscarriage and it was also harder than I thought. You get so attached and ready to love this new child, not to mention all the things you FEEL. THen to add to it, your husband probably didn't grieve the same way with you (it is so early in pregnancy that they still haven't grasped it all) so you feel that he is a little unsympathetic. Good things will come!
Kim sorry to hear the news but it sounds like you are staying positive. I have had 3 miscarriages and they are sure tough to go through. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Loves!
i haven't checked your blog in awhile and i was so bummed to read this bad news! i'm not sure how far along you were, but it seems like it's hard no matter when it happens. we had one about a year ago, and i was surprised about how it affected me as well. it's hard to 'start over' so to speak.
Post a Comment