Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A transformer and a pair of Easter socks

Last night as we were delivering our zucchini bread, we stopped by a family in our ward that that lives in our neighborhood. 

I knocked on the door and it was promptly answered by a four year old girl followed by her mother.

As I stepped in to chat for a moment the little girl said, “I want to give her something back mama!”  And she ran upstairs. 

She came down a moment later carrying two things: a transformer type toy and a pair of colorful Easter socks. 

The toy she said was for my kids that are boys, and the socks were for my kids that are girls. 

What a sweet gesture by this four year old girl!  She so selflessly gave what she had.  I was so touched that I didn’t have the heart to tell her I didn’t have any kids that are girls.

Thanks little four year old for teaching me the true meaning of Christmas. 

ArtBook__030_030__TheBirthOfJesus____

No comments: