Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pregnancy Journal Jan 29 (19 weeks)

Well, we are almost half way!  Our ultrasound is scheduled for Friday, Feb. 3rd.  The kids are out of school that day, so we’re planning on taking them with us to hear the big announcement!  We are really excited, but also hope and pray that the baby is healthy. 

We will be happy with a boy or girl.  A boy is much more practical.  We have boy clothes.  Boy toys.  And a bedroom arrangement perfect for a boy.  But, on the other hand, a girl would we super fun!  AHHHHH!!  I just can’t wait!  I think if you ask the boys, they all are pullin’ for a boy, but I can see them loving a little sister too.

Darrin and I talked about names the other night.  We came up with a few that we liked.  I’m hoping to pick the name before the baby is born just cause we’ve never done that before, and I think it’d be fun to be able to call it by it’s name in the months leading up to it’s birth. 

My cravings are also setting in.  Right now I LOVE sopapillas!!!  I realized how easy they are to make, and I think I’ve made them 5 times in the last 8 days.  Mmmmm!  They’re just so good!  The funny thing is I put honey on them, and normally I don’t even like honey!  They totally take me back to my days as a kid going to eat at Casa Bonita! 

Well, friends stay tuned for Friday!!!  It’s a big day :)

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Exciting!!! What are sopapillas? May I have the recipe so I can try them? ;-)

Unknown said...

You've been to Casa Bonita?? We have one in Denver too that I always drag my family to every year I visit! They hate it, but I love going! I'm so excited for Friday...

Danielle said...

woot woot! so close!!!

Jayme said...

Can't wait! I'll be at work, but I will be thinking about you. I also would like to try your sopapilla recipe.

Lacey said...

Cannot wait to hear how your ultrasound goes. I've had such fun reading your pregnancy journal. Really takes me back to being prego.....and also being VERY grateful that its you and NOT me :) I honestly don't think I could handle that again. I am so happy for you guys and I know the boy would be really practical and all....but well us moms all need a daughter!! So, I hope its a girl for you!! :) Good luck! Love ya!

Dunbabin said...

I remember casa bonita and going with you as a kid! Fun times! Keep posting the pregnancy journals I love reading them! And I can't wait to hear girl or boy.

Michal Thompson said...

hurray, today is the day, I can't wait! I am sure that is an understatment for you