2/9--After having no church last Sunday our kids had been cooped up too long and to say they were driving us crazy was an understatement. To help them release some of their energy, I had them do exercises. Ella was right there with them doing push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks.
2/10—Monday ended up being a snow day as well. Luke went to Ethan’s to play and the other kids stayed around home. We did make it to the store after Darrin got home. It was sooo nice to get out!! We had definitely been home too long together!
We came home and ate banana shakes for a treat and watched the Olympics.
2/11—I got up and went running with a friend like I normally do. It was a little bit crazy trying to run on snow/ice/slush mix. It was a work out trying to keep those ankles from rolling.
Busted. This girl has been so grumpy this week. I finally looked in her mouth and discovered several of her 2 year molars are in the process of breaking through. No wonder she wants to chew on everything but eat nothing—except Oreos that is. lol.
We finally decorated for Valentines. These blocks bring back so many memories every year when I get them out. Memories of our wedding and memories of when I made them with a several girlfriends years ago.
Tuesdays are laundry days. This is what our sock piles looks like at this phase our lives. So many.
And this is a picture of my helper.
Luke doing his homework. I love it when he wears his baseball cap backwards.
Superhero Ella.
2/12—Katie came to play with Ella. Ella’s getting old enough to enjoy playing with friends. They like to go up and dance on the bed to music or play with babies and purses.
2/13—In the couple days prior, Luke came down with a red eye and then it spread to both eyes. Thursday I was convinced it was pink eye so he stayed home from school. We had to go to the store to pick up the drops from the pharmacy. I didn’t want to spread it to anyone, so I told him to walk around the store with his hands in his pockets and not to touch his eyes or anything else. He did a pretty job.
We were super excited to learn Brittany had her baby. A great aunt for the 4th time-Yay! So excited to meet baby Reagan! And glad they live so close.
We worked on everyone’s Valentine’s for their classes.
And Ella worked on flossing her teeth. Dental hygiene is very important to her right now. I swear she brushes her teeth 5 times a day.
2/14—I finally made it to the store for groceries for the first time since the snowstorm. We’d made small trips to buy one or two things, but I needed to meal plan and do a big trip. Ella’s usually pretty good especially since she’s learned she can get a cookie from the bakery. She starts asking for one the minute we get to the store.
The boys came home from school with all their goods from their valentines celebrations. You would have thought it was Halloween.
We had a nice dinner with steak, baked potatoes, jello and asparagus. It was really yummy. The boys were required to use their best manners. We even lit some candles and turned off most of the lights.
For dessert we had fondue. YUM.
2/15—Saturday we worked on cleaning the garage, watched the Olympics, ordered pizza, Darrin worked on his talk , and I worked on my autobiography for my BYU class.
It is the end of an era as I threw this brush away. lol. I got this brush in high school and my sisters sister would always steal it and use it. When she comes to visit she still steals it. Well it broke, and I bought a new one. I should have mailed the broken one to my sister. I know. A brush? It’s weird. But we’ve been through a lot together: high school, college, marriage, kids, etc… I already don’t like my new one this as much as this one. RIP.
XOXOXOXOXO
Have a good week :)
3 comments:
I found your blog! :) glad you documented our slush/snow run and I can totally relate to your brush dying. I have had the same pick since high school probably. I freaked out when I almost lost it once. Fun to read about your day to day!
that's really funny about your brush. I had mine for a long time too and then it started to gross me out that it was probably really dirty and I chucked it when I was in college I think.
and I remember when we made those blocks! although I didn't make valentines ones so mine are out year round.
Haha! The poor brush! I get pretty attached to that kinda stuff too. Your Valentine dinner/dessert sounded so good. I need to step up my game. I don't really even have Valentine decor. I guess now is the perfect time to stock up for next year.
Post a Comment