Whew! What a busy last couple of weeks. The day after we got back from the beach I noticed a house for sale in our neighborhood. I fell in love with the pictures right away and could not get it out of my head. In the days that followed I spent a lot of time going to look at 3 difference times, researching all different kinds of things (loans, housing market, etc…), convincing Darrin that it was a good idea to buy it, making them a offer, taking a counter offer, lining up repairmen for our current house, and working on getting it ready to sell. It’s really been a whirlwind. I love that the house is very similar to house we have now, that’s in the same school and ward boundaries that we love, that it’s 1000 sq ft bigger and 5 bedrooms, and that the price is right :) The purchase of that house is contingent upon the sell of our house, but we’re confident that it won’t be too hard. There is a chance that it won’t work out, but we’re going for it.
So that explains my absence and lack of presence in the cyber world. Here’s my attempt to record other things that we’ve done during the last couple weeks.
3/30—Grandma was still in town. We worked on a puzzle after church to entertain the kids.
Darrin got in his Sunday nap. Ella was sweet and covered him up with her blanket.
4/1—We had ward temple night. Darrin, my mom and I were able to go together. We had a very nice time. Darrin was the speaker at the chapel session and did a great job. It made it extra special to hear him speak in such a sacred place.
4/2—Ella is obsessed with any handheld device. I have to hide the IPod and my phone unless I want to hear a tantrum.
Josh was able to go to the rock museum to fulfill some Webelos requirements. It was pretty fascinating!
His favorite was this big piece of pyrite or fool’s gold.
4/3—Before the beach trip, I started having extreme knee pain and tingling in my leg. I finally got fed up with it and went to the dr. She wasn’t much help and just told me to stay off of it for a couple weeks and see if it would heal on its own. Even though that’s not the answer I wanted, it’s worked and it is feeling quite a bit better. I’ve desperately missed my chat time with my good running friend, Jenae.
4/4—Friday Grandma left. We were sorry that we weren’t much fun to hang out with and sad she got a bad cold while she was here.
4/5—Saturday conference was great. During the priesthood session I took the kids on a bike ride to get out. They were incredibly wired from being cooped up all day.
Luke stopped and picked any flower he found along the way and gave it to Ella. Even the pretty yellow ones that are all over lol.
4/6--We went on a walk Sunday night. Ella has fallen in love with slides and will go on them over and over and over.
4/7—Ella finally started walking down the stairs!
I got my final acceptance in the BYU Bachelor of General Studies program! So excited to be done and be a real college graduate!
4/8—The weather has been beautiful the last week or so. The kids have been into catching bugs. This is their latest “bug house.”
Luke had his first soccer game and had a great game! Pics to come next game.
4/9—We had Katie, Ethan, and Matthew over to play for a while. Ella and Katie were super cute together. They danced to Frozen music, looked at books, and shared the red chair.
During piano Luke practiced the monkey bars.
4/10—To help Ella be happy during a diaper change, she used my phone to take pictures of me. This was the best one. lol.
I started cleaning and organizing Ella’s room. She’s obsessed with Toy Story right now, so I got those toys out for her. She loves them!
4/11—Grandma and Grandpa Hancock came into town. Ella warmed right up to Grandma, but is definitely more hesitant with Grandpa.
4/12—Josh and Andrew had their first soccer games of the spring season. Grandma and Grandpa were able to come to Josh’s game.
Darrin worked most of the afternoon on 2 pinewood derby cars. I cleaned up the garage and took some stuff to the DI. Last night we went to a big family dinner at Godfather’s where the kids spent tons of Grandpa’s money on the toy machines where they got these slimy, stretchy hands (yuck) and then we went to Chad’s to hang out.
4/13—Today we went to Raegan’s baby blessing. She’s such a cutie, and Ella’s loves her. Grandma and Grandpa came over for a bit and played a couple games. We’re always glad when they come for a visit!
That’s been our life the past couple weeks. Whew.
2 comments:
Okay, thanks for catching me up on things! I am missing our runs/chat time too. Hurry up and heal knee!!! :) Praying for the house thing to work out for you guys, and thank you for not moving out of the ward!
Oh my goodness!! How exciting! Hoping it all works out for you. Sounds awesome. Good luck with all the details, it'll be great!
Post a Comment