Friday, May 2, 2014

For sale, a baby, and 3 offers.

4/21—Found this paper in Andrew’s folder.  I would sure like to know what kind of secrets he’s taking about :)  But I love how positive this paper is.  We’re always trying to teach our boys that their brothers will be their best friends.  I’m just glad it doesn’t talk about fighting and brothers who drive him crazy.

IMG_5597

Story time before bed.  Ella sure loves that toddler bed.  Maybe once we move, it can be hers.  lol. 

IMG_5603

Work continues on the pinewood derby cars. 

IMG_5606

4/22—We’ve been working our tails off to get things clean, fixed and organized around the house, so we can put it on the market.  Our deadline is Thursday so hence that lack of pictures.  This house selling stuff is not for sissy's. 

IMG_5617

4/23—The big day has finally arrived!!  Andrew’s first pinewood derby and Josh’s last. 

IMG_5619

Andrew’s den did the skit where they joked about how dad’s tend to get too involved in the pinewood derby and do all the work. 

Josh was awarded the spirit of cub scouting award.  His special pin is in the shape of a pinewood derby car.  He wears it proudly!

IMG_5623

And let the races begin!!  It was fun for Josh and Andrew to race each other.  Josh’s car was super fast in the beginning and beat Andrew’s.  But by the end of the night, Josh’s car had slowed down a lot and Andrew’s car beat Josh’s. 

IMG_5627 

Consulting with his dad about the race.   He really enjoyed the whole process and it was really cute to watch.IMG_5632 IMG_5644

Andrew ended up getting 4th place overall and Josh got 5th. 

IMG_5652

Andrew won the people's choice award by a landslide.  Everyone loved his car appropriately named The Pencil.

IMG_5653

IMG_5656

4/24—The photographer came to take pictures of our house so it could go on the market.  It’s been years since our house looked so clean and clutter free!  Why can’t we live like that all the time?

While all that crazy stuff was going on here, my sis. gave birth to this cute little person.  Welcome to the world Blake!

IMG_5725

4/25—We officially went on the market.  I sat around all day for floods of people to call and want to look at it.  Surprisingly no one called and it made me a tad worried. 

4/26—At 7:30 in the morning the realtor called and said we had a 10:45 showing.  That would be easy, we would already be gone to Andrew’s soccer game.  We just had to make sure we left the house spic and span.  Two different people ended up coming to look at it during the time we were gone.  One really loved it and the other never gave feedback. 

4/27—I told the realtor when our church was and to send people over during that time if he had any interest.  He did text me at church and let me know someone was going over there at noon.  We took the long way home and by the time we got home, they were gone.  Right around 2:00 we got about five minutes notice that someone was coming to look at it.  We hurried and cleaned up, woke up a sleeping Ella and went for a drive.  I felt good we had pulled that one off okay.  The only problem was the house smelled like teriyaki sauce cause I was in the middle of making dinner. 

4/28—This cute girl waiting for her breakfast to pop up in the toaster. 

IMG_5679

The for sale sign was finally put in my yard.  Sad :(

IMG_5680

We got notice of another showing at 6:30pm.  These people wanted to buy the house behind ours, but had been too slow, so the realtor was fairly confident we’d get an offer from them.  I tried not to get my hopes up!  We all headed to the school for Luke’s soccer practice.  The weather was beautiful!

IMG_5681 IMG_5682

I took the kids to Wendy’s after practice to kill more time until the showing was over.  On our way home, Darrin called and said we had 2 offers on our house, and that didn’t even include the people that were just there.  And they were writing one as well.  We couldn’t believe it.  5 showings and 3 offers.  After the kids were in bed we called up the realtor and chatted about each offer and decided on the best one to take.  We picked one, but we did need to counter offer and see if we could rent back our house from them for 10 days until we can close on our new house. 

4/29—The counter was accepted!!  I’m super glad to be done with the whole showing thing cause it’s a ton of work to always have the house clean!  We feel very blessed that we got offers so quickly. 

4/30—The weather has been very summer like the last couple days.  The boys could hardly make it home from school.  I think it was 80 degrees.  lol.

IMG_5692

Hanging out at the park during piano lessons.  in the shade.

IMG_5693

After the kids went to bed, Danielle and I escaped to Kohl’s to buy Ella some summer clothes.  We stopped by Sonic on the way home and chatted in the car for a long time.  Yeah, she’s pretty much not allowed to move.  Why do all my friends move??????  Jenae-you better not be next.

5/1—The kids are obsessed with Rainbow Loom right now.  They used their allowance to buy more bands and a new loom.  It’s all they want to do all day long.  Hey it’s better than video games.  I just wish the tiny rubber bands didn’t end up all over the house. 

IMG_5695

Ella’s starting to be very into my shoes. 

IMG_5698

5/2—Don’t you wear your sunglasses right when you wake up?

IMG_5699

and pretty much all day long?  She’s kind of obsessed with the sunglasses at the moment. 

IMG_5700

The kids had a school assembly this afternoon, and Luke won the award for the character trait of honesty.  Way to go Luke!!

IMG_5706 IMG_5708 IMG_5717

With the awesome weather we’ve been having, we’ve sure been at the park a lot.  I got the chalk out for these two to play with.  It kept them busy for 3.2 minutes. 

IMG_5719

Snuggles with daddy. 

IMG_5724 

Our night ended tonight watching the awesome win by the Blazers.  I’ve never really been a Blazers fan, but I guess I might have to start.  lol.  Our yelling and screaming was so loud Josh and Andrew (who should have been asleep) came out of their room to see what the ruckus was all about.  It was pretty awesome. 

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Love all the pictures and details-those pinewood derby cars are awesome! And Ella in her sunglasses kills me!!

And about moving, I'm still up for going to kohls and sonic once a week or whatever. :)

Jenae said...

You have had a crazy busy life with all this house stuff, and regular life too. I loved Andrew's pencil car--so creative! Ella (yours) and my Brynne sure are peas from the same pod with the sunglasses thing. Your Ella is so stinkin' cute. And I am not going anywhere Kim (for now). :)

Jayme said...

Congrats on the offers and it all going so fast! I know it's quite the whirlwind. Sounds like you've had plenty to keep you extra busy too.
I miss you guys tons. Can't wait to have a ladies night or three when I come visit. :)

Danielle said...

dear kim, I need some more blogs because I have no clue what you've been up to for the last month. or maybe I do, but I still need them. love, danielle