Monday, June 16, 2014

First kiss, graduation, and the dance festival

6/4—Ella went to Katie’s to play while I volunteered for the last time this school year.  They were complete with princess costumes when I came back to pick her up.  She loved it and threw the biggest fit when I made her take it off.  Guess I know what she’s getting for her birthday. 

IMG_5991

6/5—Hudson and Bennett came over to play this morning.  After they left, Ella and I went visiting teaching and then came home to over see the last of the repairs to be done on our house.  Whew! So glad they are finally done.  After school the boys had a lemonade stand and earned about $7.  They thought it was pretty awesome. 

IMG_5992 IMG_6006

Ella has really grown to love Danielle.  Most of the time, she wants her over me.  Danielle is way more fun and cool than I am, so I really don’t blame her.  She even has dance parties at the park. 

IMG_6008

Ella’s first kiss. 

IMG_6009

6/6—I made 3 batches of freezer jam.  Yum!

IMG_6010

In the evening we went to the school talent show which was as painful as most talent shows lol.  Then we had Amy and Laurie’s kids over for a movie night while the missionaries met with Terry and Laurie.  I started to come down with a cold, and I felt pretty miserable by the end of the night. 

6/7—Megan T. and I went on the RS Temple Trip at 8:30am.  There was a small group of us, but it’s always great to be in the temple.  Then we went to the mall and ate lunch.  I had taken some cold meds before I left for the temple in hopes to keep my stuffy nose at bay.  I realized when I got home, I had taken Nyquil on accident which explains why I couldn’t stay awake during the temple session and felt very strange afterwards.  Haha. 

6/8—Sunday afternoon the kids got crazy and ran around with diapers on their heads.  lol. 

IMG_6040 IMG_6043

6/9—We watched Hudson again this morning.  Him and Ella had fun doing puzzles, playing with cars and the batman toys.  Then we went to the bus to pick up Ethan.  Rocks are always entertaining!

IMG_6046 IMG_6047

6/10—Kindergarten graduation!  It’s been a great first year of school for Luke!  The kids sang a song in Spanish and English and then each child was given a certificate.  As the kids were coming up, the teacher shared what each kindergartner wants to be when they grow up.  Luke wants to be a forest ranger.  No idea where that came from.  lol. 

IMG_6051 IMG_6054 IMG_6057

Tuesday night, I took the boys to the school fundraiser at McMenamins.  Darrin’s not a fan of the restaurant, so he stayed home with Ella.  It was a great evening and the school raised over $5,000.  The kids loved the restaurant and keep begging to go back, and Darrin just shakes his head. 

We got home, and Josh and Andrew worked on their rockets for the rocket derby at pack meeting the next night. 

IMG_6058 IMG_6063

6/11—Pack meeting.  We had a BBQ with yummy food.  Josh and Andrew both got awards. 

IMG_6069

Andrew received his wolf badge. 

IMG_6071 IMG_6074

Then it was time for the rocket derby!  We’ve never done it before, so there was definitely a learning curve.  I think both boys had fun though. 

IMG_6077 IMG_6080

Then we set off real rockets.  The kids always love those.  Luke especially got into it and has been begging to do them again ever since. 

Ella loved hanging out with Sammy all evening.  It was cute to watch. 

IMG_6087

6/12—We discovered a birds nest as the base of one of the bushes in our backyard.  It’s been fun to watch the mother bird sit there and watch over her nest.  If she got scared away, she would sit on the fence and wait for things to be safe again before she flew back to the nest.  Unfortunately yesterday the nest was attacked and something ate the eggs.  :( 

IMG_6061

IMG_6096

Yay finally the last day of school!!!! 

IMG_6104

Don’t you just love all the stuff that comes home from school with the kids at the end of the year?  I’ve learned only to save very little and take pictures of the rest.  These are pictures of a couple of Luke’s journal entries. 

IMG_6108 IMG_6109

6/15—I took the boys to the 5 stake dance festival.  It was such a fun thing to go to.  They’ve been preparing for it for months.  Several times during the program my heart filled with gratitude and my eyes filled with tears in awe of the inspired youth programs our youth have the opportunity to participate in to help them stay valiant in today’s wicked world. 

IMG_6112

Later the buyers of our home came over, and we showed them the ins and outs of our house.  Ahh!!  It is definately becoming more real.  Hopefully this house will close on Wed!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

So many things to comment on-Ella in the dress up clothes, so stinking cute! And me being cooler??? Hahaha, thanks for the laugh Kim! ;) The kids with the diapers on their heads cracked me up. I've never thought to try that although I bet my boys would think it was hilarious. And bummer I wasn't able to make it to the Temple trip. We should do a repeat of it and I want to come this time. Sounds like the perfect start to the weekend! Just avoid the Nyquil, lol.

Jenae said...

I think we all knew that Hudson was going to make his move eventually, no surprises there! You are such a great friend to everyone around you, always willing to watch their kids, I love that about you.

Jayme said...

You've been busy! Good luck with all the closing. Hope it all goes smoothly.