Monday, March 10, 2008

Driving and Sleeping in Luxury

Well, we had a big day on Saturday. We got our king size bed, and we bought a mini van!! Our bed is heavenly to sleep on. It is just what this women, who is 8 months pregnant, needs to get a peaceful nights sleep! When Darrin rolls over, I don't even know he moving!! It's just wonderful!
Anyway, the van is another story....we went Saturday night to JUST test drive vans and get a feel for what kind we wanted to buy. We looked at what one dealership had, and we weren't too impressed...but then they pulled another van out from the back that had just finished getting detailed. It was sooo pretty...I fell in love with it right away! We took it for a drive and loved it even more. So we came back to the dealership, and they wanted us to buy it right away....we, remember, hadn't come prepared to BUY a van, we were JUST test driving vans. Anyway, they worked with us, and we worked with them on the price. In the end, we came home with a new van! We love and the kids love it more! They love to go places and even love just playing in it! The van is a top of the line 2004 Honda Odyssey with 42, 000 miles. Check out the pics!




7 comments:

Kristen M said...

woah there. congrats! i can't believe you didn't share your excitement at church on Sunday. ;) i noticed that you had a car bumped out to the driveway, so thought you might have taken the plunge. oh, and the king size bed is a plus too. :)

Memory said...

Whew whew! You're in the big time now! Ha! I NEVER wanted a minivan...until I had two kids and couldn't take a single soule anywhere with me!! Now I can't wait to be pregnant with number 3 to force the issue. Ha! Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person. :-)

Pam said...

It's a beauty! Congratulations!!
And the bed? I love my bed, you'll love your's too.

dixonfamily said...

Good for you guys! It is so nice to have the space for all the kids and all the stuff you want to pack too. You guys have been pretty busy between car shopping, traveling home, pizza field trips and just being 8 months pregnant. I'm glad things are going so well.

Lacey said...

Wow! How fun...we're getting ready to make that plunge. Not that we're having another kid anytime soon. We just need the space! I love the Odyssey's too!

Danielle said...

WOoOo-HoOoO!!! Oh I'm so excited for you Kim! And your van looks so nice too! :)

Meggan said...

How exciting! I am so envious, and I love the red color. Last October, Ben and I took a trip to Chicago and when we slept in a hotel bed, we realized how bad our bed was. It was given to us by my parents, that bought it long before...It has been heaven...now if we only could get a van, and a honda at that!