Sunday, August 1, 2010

Trip to Utah and longest post EVER

On June 30 we started our long drive to Utah. 

After many hours of driving we finally made it the next day at 4pm.

As we drove into Tooele we noticed a Costa Vida had just opened in town.

Yum!!  I think we ate there 3 times over our 10 day visit.

____________________________________________________________________

I was supposed to give Darrin a haircut before we left, but it never happened so

Darrin got one from his brother instead. 

Chad talked him into going with the #1 attachment on the clippers.

I thought he looked really good, but Darrin wore a hat for the next 3 days.

I think he’s finally used to it now…considering he just cut it that short again yesterday.

IMG_2885 IMG_2887 Yeah!! Sexy :)

_________________________________________________________________

The night of the 2nd we watched the Hancock firework show.

IMG_2893IMG_2892IMG_2891Luke and Josh loved it, and Andrew of course had to watch from the van…and shortly after that went in the house and went to bed.

He hates loud noises.  

____________________________________________________________

The morning of the third we got up and went to the local parade.

IMG_2895 IMG_2896

Then had the annual Hancock 4th of July picnic at the church pavilion.

IMG_2904 IMG_2905I’m pretty sure Luke lived off chips our entire vacation.

IMG_2906

After lunch we set off our model rockets.

IMG_2909 IMG_2910 IMG_2911 IMG_2913 IMG_2914Too loud for Andrew.

IMG_2919 IMG_2920Josh’s rocket blew up for some reason…here are the remnants we found in the nearby field.

That night we went to the Grantsville fireworks.

They always have a great show!

IMG_2922 IMG_2928 IMG_2931 IMG_2935 IMG_2937______________________________________________________________

IMG_2938

Happy Fourth of July!!

__________________________________________________________________

Monday the 5th we went bowling with Aunt Natalie and her friend Cory.

IMG_2951 IMG_2956 IMG_2957IMG_2958

_____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday we made our annual trip to Lagoon.

The weather was absolutely wonderful for us.  We would have been cold if we would have gone to Lagoon a Beach.

It was that nice!!

IMG_2959 IMG_2960 IMG_2962 IMG_2966

Notice I don’t have any pictures of Josh.

He was big this year and rode all big rides ie.colossus, wild mouse and spider.

I was never with with him on those, so I never got any pictures.

We had a great time like always though!

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday July 8 we took the boys to the driving range and then swimming.

IMG_2975 IMG_2977 IMG_2981 IMG_2983 IMG_2985 IMG_2989 IMG_2991 IMG_2993

__________________________________________________________________

The rest of the days were filled with cousins and fun.  Most of the time we didn’t see the kids.  They just played with their cousins. all. day. long.  They “caught bugs out in the field, made a club, played video games, and had lots of ice cream.”  --quotes are memories by Josh and Andrew

On July 10th we headed for home and drove the whole way that day.

IMG_2998 Thanks Grandpa for the doughnuts. 

They made us happy.

especially mommy

Until next time…

3 comments:

Marissa and Blaine said...

What a fun trip! You guys are awesome! I love that you took them bowling and golfing. How fun! We need to take Mylee bowling. I love the family picture of you guys at the end. Beautiful family!

Lacey said...

Okay! I can't believe you guys were here all that time and we didn't get to see you! We were at all the same places too...you probably even saw Ryan in the parade!! She was on the float with her dance group! We even went to the Grantsville fireworks that night. It's funny too because we were sitting by a guy at the parade that Rob and I were commenting on how much he looked like Darrin. I tried to get him to ask him if he was Darrin's brother. It looks like you guys had a great trip!
PS You knew about Costa Vida before I did. I just found out about it last weekend! Shows how much I've gotten out in the last month since the baby was born!

Meredith said...

darrin's haircut...LOL! we always knew he was a great sport.