Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dear Josh,

I’m so proud of the young boy you are becoming.

A month or so ago you were invited to a friend’s end of summer water party.  You were really excited and counted down the days.

On the day of the party, the weather was freezing and the party got rescheduled to Sunday.

I felt strongly that I should explain the situation to you and let you decide...Should you go to church and have that friend over another time, or skip church and go the water party? 

I know how much you wanted to go to the party, but your answer was quick and simple.  You didn’t even have to think very hard about it.  You thought it was better to go to church and play with that friend another day.

I was proud of your decision.  You did the right thing, and I hope you felt good about your choice.  I know your Heavenly Father was pleased.

Thanks for being a good example.  Keep up the good work! 

love,

Mom

IMG_4668

No comments: