Wednesday, January 25, 2012

new years eve. and darrin’s b-day.

On new year’s eve we just stayed home and played games with the kids.  We played our new game Life.  Even though we had to help them a lot, they still really enjoyed playing it.

IMG_5632IMG_5633

We celebrated the new year with the kids at 10pm complete with horns, hats, and poppers. 

Luke’s popper must have been defective b/c when it went off it was super loud.  After it had popped, he pulled on his ear and started complaining that he could hear another sound.  Poor guy, it was so loud that his ear was ringing!  Sorry bud!

Happy New Year!!

IMG_5635IMG_5639IMG_5650IMG_5651

Darrin’s b-day is on the 2nd, but we celebrated it on the 1st as well.  I bought 36 candy bars, and then passed them out at church to lots of people in the ward.  They all randomly gave him the candy bars sometime during church.  Each candy bar had a reason why we love our husband/dad.  I think he was pleasantly surprised!  He said he’s never been told Happy Birthday that many times on his birthday before! 

That night we went to Darrin’s brother’s house for dinner and cake.

IMG_0499IMG_0501IMG_0503IMG_0498

On his actual b-day he had to work, but he came home early and we went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory with some friends.  He got lots of board games and a Perplexus ball from the kids and I.  Hopefully he had a good day!  Love you babe!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I LOVE that candy bar idea. I may have to steal it for one of Jason's birthday's... :-D