Today was my first dr. appointment. I was sooo nervous. I had my exam and then the nurse practitioner sent me over to get an ultrasound.
It was the moment of truth.
I had been to that place too many times in the past couple years and left with bad news. So I was preparing myself for the worst.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned its always carry sunglasses in your purse to an ultrasound. You never know when you’re going to need them to get out of there in a dignified manner.
Well, I learned 3 things at the ultrasound which brought more promise than the past few pregnancies.
1. There is a baby.
2. There is a heartbeat of 165.
3. It is measuring right on target.
Those three things brought me hope today. I’m still nervous. But so far so good!!
Later in the afternoon the nurse practitioner called me practically yelling excitedly over the phone how great everything looked and how she just knew this was going to be the one! She’s great, and I love her! For a minute I was excited, but I didn’t allow it to last. We’ve been here before. Bad things can still happen.
But the hope is definitely still alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment