Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June 23 Pregnancy Journal (40 weeks)

Well, yesterday was my due date. Most pregnant women hope they don’t make it to that date. And I’m no different. You start to remind yourself that you can’t be pregnant forever and that EVENUTALLY you will have this baby.

Yesterday I went to the doctor (a different one than my normal one).  She checked me, and I was 3 cm and 70% -1 with a bulging bag of waters. I explained to her that my sister was getting married in a week in Utah, and I’d really like to go. She thought about it for a minute. And then said she was going to be on call the next day and would be willing to break my water and see what happens. The worst case scenario being if my body didn’t go into labor on its own, I’d have to have a c-section. I told her I was willing to get it a try. She told me to come to the hospital at 7:30 Saturday morning. She did also mention that there are 7 people ahead of me on the induction list, so it’s possible that I could get bumped and have to wait until later in the day. She also stripped my membranes for the 3rd time which has again caused lots of painful contractions.

Well, after a night of not being able to sleep, I got up at 6am and took a shower. At 6:30 a nurse from the hospital called and told me that the hospital had been busy that previous night, so I couldn’t come in at 7:30, but as soon as they cleared some of those patients to the postpartum rooms, I’d be able to come in which she thought would still be this morning some time.

We’ve been on edge all day waiting and waiting. Those nurses really know how to torture an overdue pregnant lady. Lol.

Around 4:00 this afternoon, my labor and delivery nurse friend, Jayme, became available to go to the hospital and be my nurse. She called the hospital to find out what the scoop was and to see if she was able to come be my nurse, if we could come in. They explained to her that the central monitoring system was down and because of that, they didn’t feel comfortable bringing any elective induction patients in yet. Bummer. So for today it doesn’t look good. We will call in the morning and see if we can come in. My contractions are still coming, just not regularly. So we’ll see what happens overnight.

This evening Luke and I went on a walk. The sun was going down and the shadows were long. I revealed in my pregnant shadow knowing it wouldn’t be like that very much longer. As much as I want this baby in my arms, I will miss her little body inside my own.

IMG_0705IMG_0706

No comments: