Sunday, February 23, 2014

Eating the cheese and a police car.

2/16-While making dinner, Ella was watching me and obviously I wasn’t watching her because I turned around and she was eating chunks out of the block of cheese. 

But I couldn’t be mad.  She was being too cute about it. So I took a ton of pictures instead.  And life is too short to get mad about everything. 

IMG_4667IMG_4664IMG_4665  IMG_4668 IMG_4673

We went to Chad and Julie’s to play games in celebration of Chad’s b-day.  He got to pick what we played:  Acquire and St. Petersburg.  I WON Acquire which is no small task especially when playing experts like Chad and Darrin.  I was so proud and made them write my score ($47,600) in the lid of the box cause that’s what you do if you’re a Hancock and you do really well :)

IMG_4674

2/17—There was no school or work for Darrin because of President’s Day.  I went out for a couple hours during Ella’s nap to get a haircut and do a little shopping.  It was heavenly. 

Then we tortured the kids and went to Costco, and then we grabbed McDonalds on the way home.  Darrin ordered the wrong thing so Andrew got a quarter pounder by accident.  He ate the whole thing.  Darrin was so proud. 

IMG_4675

2/18—I often find Ella all snuggled up in Luke’s bed during the day.  Yes, Luke’s still in a toddler small bed.  Someday we will move him out of it. lol. 

IMG_4677

It was very rainy and windy.  I caught Ella trying to wash the water off the window all on her own accord.  lol.  I didn’t have the heart to tell her the water was on the outside of the window. 

IMG_4682

Josh had a basketball game; it was their first time losing.  They played hard, but it just wasn’t enough.  Josh made 3 long shots. 

2/19—We had the usual volunteering, watching Katie, piano lessons and Luke played at Ethan’s. 

I made taquitos and salsa for dinner.  I forgot how much I like homemade taquitos.  My kids didn’t really eat them, but they ate the salsa with chips.  And salsa is a vegetable, so it’s totally fine. 

Josh’s scout den went on a field trip to the police station.  He said his favorite part was seeing inside the police car.  He thought it was cool that it had a computer in there.  Hopefully that’s the last time he ever sees in a police car.  lol.

In Andrew’s den they worked on displaying a collection.  Andrew brought Pokémon cards to display. 

Andrewcollection

Luke, Ella, and I hung out at the church while the boys were at scouts.  Luke wrote this on the chalkboard mostly without help: Me gusta el chocolate.  And then drew a boy eating chocolate.  I thought it was funny that he thought to write something in Spanish. 

IMG_4693

2/20—Thursdays are usually my days to veg and get caught up on things around the house.  At one point I found myself cleaning up my blog reader.  I had entered so many over the years and half of them I don’t even read.  It was kinda refreshing. 

IMG_4696

Thursday after school Josh and Luke had friends over to play: Austin and Ethan P.  They all had a blast together and it made me grateful that my kids have so many good friends. 

IMG_4697 IMG_4700

2/21—It was 100’s day at school for the kindergarteners.  They made these cute crowns. 

IMG_4704

That night we had family movie night and watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.  The kids loved it.  I’m not a huge fan of movies so I opted to clean the boys bathroom.  I’m really fun, I know. 

2/22--Saturday we relaxed for the most part.  We finished a deep clean of the upstairs.  Ella helped Darrin fix the vacuum. 

I went on a 3 mile run in the morning.  It felt great, and it was such a nice day for a run. 

I also submitted my 22 page assignment for my class.  Boy was I glad to get that done.  Now I just need to take the final.  Yay.  18 more credits to go!

IMG_4712

Saturday night we taught the boys to play The Rise of Augustus.  It’s kinda bingo like with strategy.  All our kids loved it.  I won, just for the record :)

IMG_4719 IMG_4722

And that’s a wrap folks.  Stay tuned this week for a guest post by a famous author :)

XOXOXOXO

4 comments:

Danielle said...

The cheese and the window cleaning-so funny!

Kristen M said...

Love seeing your gorgeous face. Your hair looks great! I thought it was so weird that no one had work or school off for President's Day here. I guess Wyoming isn't very Patriotic. Lol. No one acted like it was odd. The town did decorate with flags at least.

Ella is adorable! And I was thinking what a great purchase that basketball hoop has been for you guys. It's gotten so much use! xoxo

Jayme said...

Congrats on your win! That is something to celebrate! Also, you are looking skinny in your pic. Love the hair! It's so nice to have some "me" time every now and then.

Brittany said...

So many parts of this post made me smile. Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop. I'm glad things are going so well! Congrats on submitting that 22 page paper and being so close to graduating. :-)