Yes. I’m behind. Yes. Lots of people are pestering me about it including my own children. lol. So here you go: our life in the last month minus our trip to OK. I will do that post next :) Enjoy!
11/14—We got a babysitter and went out on a group date with these fabulous people! We ate dinner at PF Changs and then went to an arcade to play laser tag and arcade games.
Darrin and I both played a game where it was quite easy to win a huge gum ball the size of a cutie orange. I saved mine for the kids and Darrin put the whole thing in his mouth all at once. It was not a smart idea. I had a heck of a time breaking mine so the kids could share it. I ended up smashing it with a hammer. lol.
11/15—Yard work time!! It was freezing cold, but we had some leaves to rake, bushes to prune, and a lawn to mow so we made the kids get busy!
Later that night we drove down to Salem to visit our good friends, the Kings. The kids had fun playing games, and we had fun chatting. It’s always a great time when we get together with them.
11/19—Pack Meeting. No one got any awards, but still had fun anyway! I’m hoping we can spend some serious time on scouts during Christmas break.
The rest of the week before Thanksgiving week was filled with soccer, preschool, flu shots, visiting teaching, parent teacher conference and packing. It was a busy week! We left for Oklahoma on Friday, Nov. 21 and returned on Friday, Nov. 28.
11/29—After being gone for a week, we missed seeing our OR cousins so we hung out with them Saturday night. I’m so grateful to have family live close by. Our kids have a special bond with them.
12/1—Broccoli for dinner. I attempted to start a diet with my sibs and mom Dec. 1st. I did pretty well for a couple weeks, but I’m not doing so well anymore. Christmas goodies > Diet.
12/3—Christmas card party. I had them stuffing, stamping, addressing and licking Christmas cards. It was awesome to have some help even though it was forced for a kid or two. lol.
12/4—A couple months ago we were given (thanks Nicole!) most of the parts to an Elfa shelving unit. For my birthday I wanted the needed pieces purchased and it hung up in the office. Darrin did it one night, and I LOVE it!!!
It doesn’t look super organized, but most of this stuff was still in boxes and at least I know where it is!!
12/6—Scouting for Food—We were in charge of this scouting event for our pack. It’s usually a pretty easy one to head up. I went and drove the van along side the boys to put the food in as they collected it. They got quite a bit for a local food bank. And, I think, in the end they enjoyed it and had a fun time!
12/7—We put up and decorated the tree! In our new house, our tree looks pretty wimpy. In our old house, I felt like it took up the whole house! lol. And I feel super cool having a front window to put the tree in front of. It’s always been my dream!
12/9—For about a month I’ve been on the look out for a peacock ornament that could help our family remember Katie at Christmas since she loved peacocks. I finally found one!!!! I was beyond excited, and I love it.
12/10—A beautiful rainbow out the window!
12/13—Josh’s class got some salmon eggs from a hatchery and has been watching them hatch and grow over the last few months. Well, it was finally time to release them into the wild, so we went to help!
Good bye little fish!
12/16—Andrew had an indoor game and had to play goalie. He hates playing goalie, but his coach really wanted him to, so he tried it out. It did great, and I had to take a picture of this rare moment!
During Andrew’s soccer game Luke made me this note. He’s been so sweet to me lately. It’s nice to be loved! He’s always wanting hugs, me to put him to bed and not Darrin, writing me notes, and just being a happy, cheerful kid! Love you Luke!
12/17—Yesterday, on a whim, I decided to give potty training a try again. We made a chart, have a special timer that reminds us every 20 minutes, and a fun toy to earn when the chart is full of stickers. So far so good! She’s had accidents, but a lot of success too! We’ll see if we can get it this time!
12/18—Jingle finally showed up this morning! The kids were starting to get worried!
Well, that’s a wrap. Hope this makes some of you very happy :) I hope you’re enjoying the Christmas season. I cut out a lot of “traditions” we normally try to do and am just trying to focus on the birth of Jesus Christ and what his life means to me. It’s been so much more meaningful. I’m so grateful for His birth and the gift of His life.
xoxoxoxo
2 comments:
sounds busy but also lots of fun! maybe I need to get my older boys joining in with Christmas cards next year-it took me way too long!
Yay for catching up! I love the Christmas card. I'm lame and didn't even do them this year. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment