3/10—Today I went with the 5th grade to the water festival at the University of Portland. We stayed together as a class and went to different presentations on water. The classes we went to were on trees, the water cycle, making compost, playing a habitat fragmentation game and making plankton. It was a great day with Josh and his class!
The trees on the campus were beautiful!!!! I just wanted to sit and enjoy them for a long time, but couldn’t so a picture was good enough.
Andrew had a soccer game (no pictures) against the purple team. There are only 4 teams in the indoor league so we’ve played them several times and always lost. Well tonight they stepped it up and won!!!! It was a great game! Later that night Josh had his last basketball game of the season. They didn’t play super great and were losing most of the game, but in the last few minutes pulled out a win.
3/11-Amy’s been teaching me how to French braid. I’m still not that great at it, but I think it looks adorable on Ella! I can’t get enough.
I was cleaning off the bar and found this paper that Andrew brought home: his 2015 goals. They are to save money, help others in need, improve spelling, and put more effort into his homework. They are all great goals! I love it!
3/13—Breakfast at Laurie’s house! She went all out and made French toast, hash browns, eggs and fruit. It was delicious!! And the kids always have a great time playing together.
Just for the record—Josh’s 11th birthday wish list
On our walk Ella insisted I take her picture by this tree with beautiful flowers! I love spring!
Josh had his basketball team party. Coach Kovanda bought pizza for everyone and then gave out medals.
Then we hurriedly drove Josh to Tyler’s b-day party. I stopped by the library with the other kids on the way home.
3/14—Date night! Darrin and I went to PF Changs for dinner and then to see Ryan Shupe and Rubber Band. I was a little worried about taking Darrin to this kind of thing (afraid it would resemble too much country), but he actually loved it! And just for the record, Darrin hates selfies and likes to look goofy on purpose.
3/15—The kids got on a Perler Bead kick. It was a great Sunday afternoon activity :) Yes, notice the Poinsettia. It’s still alive. And it’s April. I’m totally over it, but hate to just throw away a perfectly beautiful flower. Maybe it will live until next Christmas?
After Sunday dinner we played Dixit It. The kids love that game and I always win. Perfect combination! lol.
2 comments:
Love the french braids! They are adorable.
Josh is going to be an artist! :-D
Our poinsettia from 2013 made it to 2014. I finally planted it outside shortly thereafter, and it was still alive when we moved. For all I know it will make it to Christmas 2015, haha!
Post a Comment