Sunday, March 15, 2015

A week of park days

3/2—Today I ran errands with Ella.  We went to Kohls to return some things and when we were walking out of the store, she stopped dead in her tracks and said, “Wait!  We didn’t buy me any clothes!”  Yikes we’re in trouble.

For FHE we played King of Tokyo.  The kids love that game!

IMG_9296

Luke and I got “out” before everyone else, so went upstairs to read books. 

IMG_9300

3/3—My turn to teach preschool!  We studied the letter U.  We talked about underwear, umbrellas and up and painted with utensils. 

IMG_9302

After school we played at the park and then headed to Andrew’s soccer game where he scored the first 2 points of the  game.  Their team won by a lot.  Then it was off to PTA for me and Darrin fed the kids and got Josh to practice. 

IMG_9318

3/4—The weather was gorgeous again, so we played at the park.  We’ve been trying to soak in all the sunshine while we can! 

IMG_9327

3/5—Ella and I spent the morning doing laundry and then went to the Stoddard’s for a couple hours to play and have a picnic. 

IMG_9331

We played at the park after school again.  Seriously! You can not stay in your house when it’s this nice outside.  The kids in the neighborhood have been obsessed with ramps, so the boys have been very into riding their bikes and scooters as well.  Danielle stopped by the park on her way home from the dentist.  It was so good to see her and her kids!  Ella cried the whole walk home sad that Hudson wasn’t coming to play at our house. 

IMG_9333

Josh had a basketball game.  The other team was super tall, so we didn’t have a chance.  At one point in the game  it was a 7 point game, but it was a 20-30 point game at other times as well.  The other team’s coach did say we were the “hardest” team they played yet.  So I guess we’ll take that as a compliment!

IMG_9339

3/6—Luke received the character trait award for his class this month.  The trait was compassion.  It totally fits Luke! Way to go bud!

IMG_9376

3/7—I went on a three mile run this morning.  The sun was beautiful and the birds were chirping!  I ran my fastest 3 miles ever.  This  cross training thing really works!  I felt really strong and it felt great!

IMG_9385

Then when I got home, I tried on some shorts that haven’t fit since before Luke was born, and they fit!  Woot!

IMG_9386 

We built the soccer goal that the kids got for Christmas.  It’s huge!!  But perfect for the kids.  Hopefully it will save the fence and my blueberry bushes!  

IMG_9401

We watched Jenna all morning while Chad and Julie were at the temple.  The kids played outside a lot shooting goals and playing with Luke’s rocket he got for Christmas.  It’s been like Christmas in March at our house!

IMG_9390

The kids found a huge worm in the grass.  They captured it and have it in a bug catcher.  His name is Squirmy-Wormy. 

IMG_9391

We played at the park with friends most of the afternoon.  The missionaries stopped by and gave a message and cheer us on in our goal to have someone in our home to listen to the first discussion. 

We grilled steak for dinner and then watched Big Hero 6 and ate about 10 bags of popcorn.  Overall a wonderful day!

3/8—Ella was a crack up during sacrament meeting.  She has started growling like Daniel from Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood when she’s mad.  She kept doing it during the sacrament.  It’s quite hilarious, but not during church.  lol.  For dinner we grilled yummy chicken and the kids play in the backyard. 

IMG_9403

3 comments:

Danielle said...

go kim!!! I'm so excited for you about the 3 miles and shorts and so jealous too. I tried to do a mile the other night and it was laughable. and poor ella-i had a grumpy Hudson about it too on the drive.

Jayme said...

Yay! Looks like you are staying busy and enjoying your perfect weather. I'm super jealous!! I can't wait for long days outside and fresh air. Good job on the run and the shorts!

Brittany said...

Fastest three miles ever AND fitting into old shorts. Go, you! :-D Isn't nice weather a wonderful blessing? I'm glad you've had so much of it. :-)