Saturday, June 20, 2015

A 5k, spittle bugs, and smores

5/22—Luke’s class went on a field trip.  Aunt Kristin came into town, and Luke really wanted her to go and being the awesome aunt she is, she agreed!  They went to a park close by to study nature.  These were the boys in her group. 

20150522_105009 20150522_121438

Darrin’s been dealing with a crappy phone for a long time waiting for the Intel phone to come out.  Well it finally became available, and he got it in the mail.  He loves it and sells it to everyone he knows.  lol. 

P1020595

5/23—Kristin and I ran a 5k!  It a little more hilly of a course than I prepped for, but we survived! 

IMG_0266-1

My goal was to get under 30 minutes but the course ended up being 3.42 miles instead of 3.1 so my time was obviously longer.  If the course had been an accurate 5K I totally would have reached my goal!  Here’s the stats: 

Notice I got 2nd in my age group lol. 

IMG_0265

After Kristin and I recovered a little bit from the run, we went to the movie Home.  It was actually really cute.  I was pleasantly surprised!

IMG_0270

Then we went to BJ’s for dinner.  YUM! 

IMG_0275-1

5/25—Memorial day hike!  Kristin and I took the boys hiking.  Darrin’s knee has been really bothering him so he stayed home with Ella. 

One of the first things we noticed along the way was all this foamy, bubbly looking stuff in tall grass next to the trail.  Josh had learned about this earlier this year and told us that a little bug called a spittle bug makes this “spit” to protect itself.   P1020675

Sure enough when we grab some of the bubbles, we found this little guy inside.  So cool!! 

20150525_140842 P1020686 P1020687 P1020691 P1020695 P1020698

Over all we hiked about 2.75 miles.  It was super fun and glad Aunt Kristin was with us! 

P1020700

Later that night we had tin foil dinners on the grill and then we built a fire for smores. 

IMG_0278 IMG_0281-1

It was a great night!  Aunt Kristin left the next day to go home.  We are glad she came to visit! 

IMG_0284-1

5/29—Family park date!P_20150529_195752 P_20150529_195903 P_20150529_200009 P_20150529_200350

5/30—Last day of soccer games for the season!  Josh’s team had a double header so we had 4 games.  It was a long, hot day!  The view from under the sun umbrella.   Stay tuned for a more details soccer recap.  IMG_0299-1

No comments: