3/3—I spent most of the day stressing about where I was going to take my BYU final exam. I would normally have to go to PSU, but apparently I can take it with a institute instructor…Just my luck one moved into our ward about 6 months ago. So I was able to work that out.
Ella can often be found on the table getting into who knows what. Luckily she’s not too destructive.
The weather has really warmed up this week. I can literally feel spring right around the corner. We took advantage and played outside after school.
3/4—I chaperoned Andrew’s class field trip. We saw the play Zombie in Love at the Oregon Children’s Theater. It was super cute.
3/5--Last week Josh’s class did the “egg drop” experiment. He worked with a partner to create his ETV (Egg Transportation Vehicle) over the last couple weeks. Then Monday was the big drop. They must have done a great job because their egg did not break! Wednesday he was able to bring it home to show us.
Lately I’ve become a snack control freak at our house. I got tired of our kids pigging out on junk food after school, so now I pick what we’re having and they can eat that or nothing. A common thing we have is smoothies. I was never good at making them before, but I must say I’m getting better! Andrew told me the other day I should open a restaurant. lol.
This afternoon my eye started showing signs of an infection. It was totally not fun. Add that to a girl who was already PMSing and I was not a happy person. Just ask Darrin. So after Darrin left for his soccer game, I made cookies and ate half the dough. It made me feel better.
3/6—Ella woke up with a binky in her PJs again. Silly goose.
I had an early dentist appointment this morning after I dropped the boys off at school. I ended up wearing an eye patch so I wouldn’t gross out the hygienist with my eye. I looked funny, but oh well. I felt bad for her having to stare at it along with my teeth.
After Luke got home and we ate lunch, we headed to the eye doctor to get me some eye drops. They’ve been working slowly, but they make me want to claw my eyes out because it dries them out. And the infection spread to the other eye, so that hasn’t been fun either. I looked like Bob Costas for a couple days.
We hit up the library to get the new book club book, The Hiding Place. Ella walked around and screamed at the top of her lungs when I made her go the way she didn’t want to go. But we survived.
Chicken casserole for dinner. The kids don’t like the crackers on top so I have leave a section for them. Weirdos. The crackers are the best part :)
The kids think my room is the play room. Ugh. Go ahead play in there, but clean it up when you’re done…and make the bed while you’re at it.
Basketball practice.
3/7—Friday the weather was in the 60s. We played at the park all afternoon.
Later that night we got a babysitter and headed to the ward game night. It was a blast. On the way home from picking up the babysitter we hit 20,000 miles on our van. Ya-hoo.
3/8—Saturday we didn’t do much. I ran 2 miles and then did a 37 minute fitness blender video. Darrin had a coaching meeting. He’s gearing up to coach all three boys again. Darrin also took the boys to look at bikes to get a feel for what Josh might want for his b-day. For dinner we fed the missionaries, and then I went to Kohl’s with a 30% off coupon. I found tons of stuff that I liked which was nice cause usually I only find stuff for Ella. lol.
3/9—Morning church was tough with daylight savings. Ugh.
Ella did AWESOME in nursery!!!! She still cried when Darrin dropped her off, but she actually played, ate the snack, and sang the songs. Usually she just sits on Sister M’s lap the whole time. It made me so happy!!
Our boys were dying to see their cousins so we had them over for dinner. Always a fun time.
Ella and her cheesy smile.
The ward game night inspired us to teach our kids the game Racko. They loved it.
Queen Ella with her water cup.
Peace out.
XOXOXOXO
1 comment:
Ouch! Your poor eyes! I don't blame you for being cranky, and I must have known, because I also made cookies that day and downed a lot of the dough. :) I wish I was around to enjoy the nice spring days at the park. It's starting to get nice around here too. I really can't wait for more sun.
Post a Comment