July 10—The kids and I drove to Orem to visit Kristen and her boys. They used to live in Oregon and moved about a year ago. The kids had a blast in the backyard having a water fight the whole time. It was just like old times and like they’d never left.
Kristen and I caught up on the latest and enjoyed chatting. Still miss her here in OR like crazy! Life hasn’t been the same since.
We were all sad we couldn’t have stayed longer, but were grateful for the time we had together. Love you friend.
We hurried back to Park City just in time for a Pounce Tournament and dinner.
We were supposed to have a costume with our Pounce partner. Darrin and I pretty much failed that…but everyone else looked awesome!
Grandma and Grandpa taught the next generation how to play.
Josh loved it!
The night ended with more games at the hotel. And just for the record Darrin won this epic game of Stone Age :)
July 11—We had extra reunion money so Grandpa conducted a secret vote on how to spend it. The choices were Chuck a Rama or the Alpine Slide. Surprisingly the majority wanted to eat at Chuck a Rama. So Friday we went there for lunch. It was yummy as always :) Ella loved this “chicken” that was really fish.
Later that night was date night for all the parents. I didn’t get any pictures, but this is what our hotel room looked like when we got back. The kids had fun watching the Lego Movie and eating junk food.
July 12—Picnic at the park and an un-birthday party for everyone.
The traditional soccer game. Apparently the field was muddy.
Yummy food!!
Tanya organized several minute to win it games that were super fun.
Andrew and his buddy Tyson.
Happy un-birthday!
After the park the boys hit up the pool.
And the girls went to the chocolate factory. YUM.
Ella and cousin Brittany’s baby, Madison
Later we decided we’d take the kids on the Alpine Slide with Aunt Kristin. Kristin and the 3 boys rode up the lift together and Darrin, Ella and I rode together. Ella screamed most of the way up, not because she was scared, but because she wanted to sit by herself and not have anyone hold on to her. I was not about to do that and risk her falling off the ski lift, so she just had to scream. I tried everything I could think of to distract her, but nothing worked for very long. Needless to say, it was the longest ski lift ride of our life!
We saw some deer once we got up there!
Luckily she LOVED the ride down the mountain. Luke went with Aunt Kristin and everyone else rode by themselves.
Late Saturday night we all gathered one more time for some closing thoughts and family prayer. It was so special to all be together. We are blessed with such a great family.
And we said goodbye to Aunt Kristin who drove up to see us at least 3 times.
Next time we have the Hancock reunion, Darrin and I are in charge. Wish us luck!!
XOXOXOXOX
No comments:
Post a Comment