10/1--I woke Ella up so she could play at Katie’s while I volunteered. Her diaper was pretty dry so I tried to take her potty. Instead she decided she could go by herself and went in the bathroom, slammed the door in my face, and locked it. Oh-boy. I was a little worried cause she hasn’t really reached the level of independence on the potty that is needed to go to the bathroom and not make a mess. When I broke in, she was on the toilet and happy to see me. Whew. She never did go that time…
But I felt like we were on and off the toilet all day with quite a bit of success. And in the afternoon I came in the family room after being in a different room and caught her coming out of the bathroom with her diaper in her hand saying she’d just gone poop. All by herself???? Holy cow. She’d taken off her pants and diaper, sat on the toilet and gone all by herself!
I figured I couldn’t avoid it any longer and decided to put her in underwear and see how it went. We are getting new carpet on Monday so heck, let’s get this done on the old carpet! She had one accident but after that did well for the rest of the night and we even ran some errands.
It can’t be this easy, can it????
Needless to say I looked at this bathroom door a lot waiting for her to do her business. She’s sure an independent little girl!
These boys worked together finishing Andrew’s Lego set from his birthday.
Princess Ella. She was very particular about how she wanted her blankets.
See the band-aid on her nose? Remember last week how she fell on her nose and it was all scraped up? Well one night early in the week she picked the scab off in her sleep. It was all raw and bleeding when she woke up. So the next night I put a band-aid on it so she would leave it alone. And now she won’t let me take the band-aid off. So we’ll see how long she has to wear it. Silly girl.
Made this for snack. It was just okay.
Luke’s paper: I learned to hula hoop in kindergarten. So cute!
I think we’ve finally solved Ella’s sleep problem!! She’s been sleeping in the toddler bed since we moved, but lately she will not stay in her bed and go to sleep. She repeatedly comes out of her room. We put a child lock on the inside of the door, but she figured out how to open that super quick. So we’ve been putting her in the pack and play when we don’t want to deal with her “games”. Well, a friend suggested I try a different kind of child lock and let me borrow one of theirs. And it worked!!!! She can’t open it. She cried at the door for about 7 minutes and then was quiet. I went in a little bit later to check on her, and she’d fallen asleep right in front of the door. It was tricky to get in so I could move her!
Sorry this is the Ella story blog today!
Crossing my fingers on the potty training!!
2 comments:
yay! love when they make big progress like this! hopefully it sticks!
Whoa! I learned so much from this post, didn't know you started potty training. I pray for you that it goes smoothly and easily!
Post a Comment