Sunday, December 22, 2013

Goodies, a ponytail, and a party.

Thursday started out as a slow day with not much going on.  Ella played cars while the boys were gone to school.  She walking everywhere now which is so fun.

IMG_3764-1

And I watched a webinar about how to stop yelling at and nagging my kids to get things done.  I was reminded of a few things that will hopefully help.  IMG_3765-1

Ella was fascinated with the melted snowman snow globe that we have.  So magical!IMG_3766-1

This week Ella has become obsessed with her baby doll (which is perfect for what she’s getting for Christmas).  She likes to sleep with it, and I think it’s pretty darn cute.  IMG_3769-1

I decided to start the Christmas baking cause we didn't have much going on that day.  I made Oreo balls (YUM), cookie press cookies, and candy cane brownies.  Darrin made almond bark.  I tried to make caramel but this year both batches failed.  One tasted burned and the other one tasted good, but didn’t look that great.  Someday I will have it perfected.  The ruined batches of caramel put me in a bad mood, so the rest of the day was kinda bleh.

IMG_3770-1 IMG_3771-1    IMG_3779-1

I did get Ella’s hair in a ponytail for the first time.  She looked so grown up!

IMG_3774-1

And for dinner we had broccoli, and Ella ate 4 servings.  I’ve never had a kid eat vegetables like she does.  It’s awesome.

Thursday night Ella decided she didn’t need much sleep and was up from 1:30-4.  Crazy girl.  Luckily that doesn’t happen too often.  It sure made for tired mom and dad the next day.

IMG_3777-1

Friday was a day of dentist appointments at our house.  Josh had his at 7:30am (so he wouldn’t miss his class Christmas party) and then Luke and Andrew had theirs at 11am.  Only one little cavity out of the 3 of them.  Not bad I guess.

IMG_3778-1

After some quick lunch we headed to the school for the Christmas sing a long.  The kids love it, and it’s always fun to watch. 

IMG_3781-1

Luke and Zach felt pretty cool they got to join in since the half day kindergarteners had already gone home. 

IMG_3782-1

After school we got the goodie plates all ready to deliver and then we set off.  The kids took turns jumping out and wishing our closest friends and neighbors Merry Christmas.  Always a fun tradition!

IMG_3783-1

Friday was a girl’s night out!  It was a relaxing night of doing nails, eating treats, and chatting with friends.  It’s always nice to have a night away.IMG_3807-1

Saturday Darrin went to the hospital to visit the sick little boy who was on his soccer team.  He gave him the game ball from last season that most of the team members had signed.  He was able to offer and give him a priesthood blessing which was neat experience for him. 

Josh sent with Darrin the latest Snack Time book for Kian to read and then this Snack Time poster.  Snack Time characters do not like healthy foods which we’re sure they’re making him eat in the hospital. 

IMG_3786-1 

Later that night we got a sitter and went to the Bishops house for a party.  We had lots of food and played fun games.  It was a great night of fellowship and laughs. 

IMG_3793 IMG_3794

Today was Christmas Sunday.  The sacrament program was amazing like usual.  We are grateful for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and what it means in our life. 

IMG_3805-1

XOXOXOXO

No comments: