8/26—I packed my suitcase with the help of this little cutie to go to Atlanta, GA for my brother’s (Nathan) wedding.
I rode the MAX to the airport and flew to Denver. On the way, I read this most of time. I may actually finish a book club book for once in my life. This one was an interesting read.
In Denver, I met up with these hoodlums. It was great to chat and catch up the whole 3 hour flight. It was midnight by the time we landed in GA.
Natalie and Cory landed about 10 mins after us so we waited for them to get off the plane and then set off to find our luggage in the biggest airport I’ve ever been to. Luckily hardly anyone was around because it was so late.
After we found our bags, we rode another train to get the rental cars. By the time we left the airport, it was 1:30am.
We had to drive to Amanda’s house and then to the houseboat where we were going to stay. We didn’t hit the pillow until between 3:30-4am.
This is the houseboat in the light. I had never been on a houseboat before…it was pretty awesome. It totally reminded me of the movie, Overboard.
8/27—We spent most of the day enjoying the lake and relaxing. The boat had a slide that went off the back. It was super fun! My kids were really jealous about where I was and what I was doing.
Grandma and baby Blake
Nathan and Amanda
Later, Amanda’s family came to the lake (Lake Lanier) and took us out on the speed boat.
We rode on the tubes and some people wake boarded.
Kristin showing off her mad skills.
One memorable moment was when Cory lost his swimming suit while ride on the tube. Natalie lost her glasses, but that wasn’t as funny as Cory losing his shorts. lol :)
After we got back, we jumped on the houseboat and took it out on the lake.
The sunset was beautiful.
Amanda’s family cooked up some yummy food and we all pigged out. It was super fun!
While we were out there, another boat that was bigger than us passed by and made waves that shook our boat pretty good. My mom freaked out and it made us all have a good laugh afterwards.
8/28—The big day! at the Atlanta Georgia Temple.
It was an extra special day for our family because it was first time our whole family has been together in the temple.
The ceremony was nice. It was fun to watch Nathan and Amanda be so young and nervous.
After the wedding we all hung out and ate lunch at Amanda’s house to kill time before the reception.
We took tons of pictures before the actual reception started:
My parents and Nathan and Amanda.
The Morris family that was there: Originals plus Cory, Amanda, and Blake.
Sisters!
Nathan and Amanda
Mom and dad
All the siblings.
It was so fun to be able to hang out with my siblings with no other distractions. I have a great family, and it’s a blast to hang out together. So grateful for them in my life. Our parents did a great job raising us :)
The agenda for the reception:
Cute little Blake! Love his little smile.
The shoe game.
Dancing.
8/29—We decided we wanted to do something that was specific to Georgia’s culture, so we toured a southern plantation. It was interesting.
Later that night we played in the lake some more. I finally we went down the slide. I sent the video home the kids and apparently Ella watched it about 100 times.
8/30—Time to head home! This is what Georgia looked like where ever we went. So many trees…and that says a lot from someone from OR :)
My trip was wonderful! I was so glad I could go. A big thanks to Darrin who manned the house and kids while I was gone.
I asked him if he took any pictures that I should post to show what they did when I was gone, but he just gave me a funny look. So I guess that was a “no.” Luke and Ella got to play with lots of friends and one day Christy took all four of them plus her own kids to Sauvie Island. She’s a champ!
1 comment:
Fun times! Nice to see the pics that go along with the story. :)
Post a Comment